With just a fork and some paint, this adorable little guy is incredibly easy to make with your preschooler.
- Construction paper – green, white and black
- Poster or acrylic paint (we used yellow to stand out on the green paper background)
- A gluestick
- A fork
- A paper plate
- Cut out two small circles and one large circle out of the white paper for the eyes and mouth.
- Cut out two small circles and one large circle out of the black paper that will fit inside the white circle pieces.
- Glue the black circles to the corresponding white circles to make the eyes and the mouth.
- Pour a blob of paint onto the paper plate.
- Dip the fork into the paint and spread on the green construction paper in a rough, ball shape. The spike pattern from the fork should be visible to make the puffer fish spikes.
- Paint the fins on the sides of the puffer fish’s body with the fork.
- If the paint is still wet, you can place the mouth and eye circles directly onto the puffer fish’s body. Otherwise, stick them down with glue.