Practice color matching and fine motor skills with this underwater-themed game that you can make yourself!
- A paper plate
- Colored pompoms
- Colored paper to match the pompom colors
- A black Sharpie
To Make the Game:
- Cut strips of the colored paper about 2 inches or 5cm wide
- Fold the strips of paper in half. This will help make the folding shape of the clams.
- Draw clam shapes on one side of the paper. Extend lines out from the bottom of the clam shape to reach the folded edge. This extra space with be used to glue the clams down.
- Cut out the clam shapes, starting at the folded edge and following around the outline, including the other half of the paper. You should end up with folded clam shapes.
- Glue the bottoms of the clams in a random color pattern to the paper plate.
To Play the Game:
- Pile some colored pompoms beside the plate of clams. These will be the “pearls.”
- Ask your child to pick up a pompom and put it in the clam of the matching color, eg. a red pompom in a red clam.
- See how fast your child can match all the pompoms to the correct colored clams.